JD - Busser
JOB SUMMARY (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Set and clean dining room tables before, during and after meal service.
TASKS AND DUTIES
- Assists servers in their set-up, service and clean-up tasks.
- Serves water as quests are seated.
- Assists in carrying food trays to tables.
- Removes soiled dishes from table; brings to dish-washing area.
- Removes soiled linen and replaces with clean linen.
- Sets tables with silverware, glassware and other items.
- Cleans dining room areas.
- Stocks servers’ station with supplies.
- Collects trash from dining room, grill and other specified places after each serving period.
- Dusts chairs before and after means.
- Keeps ice bins and buckets filled.
- Sets up, empties and cleans salad bar.
- Cleans and stores child high chairs and booster seats.
- Collects soiled linen from dining room; transfers to linen pick-up area.
- Takes packaged take-out orders to reception stand for member pick-up.
- Folds napkins and bread basket folds.
- Cleans up spills, broken service ware and attends to similar problems during service with minimal disruption to diners.
- Assists dining room manager and other employees in assuring that the club’s policies and procedures for serving alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- May assist banquet personnel in setting up, serving and cleaning up after banquet functions.
- Polishes silver service items.
- Attends pre-service training (line-up meeting).
- Moves tables and chairs as needed for the next member and guest diners.
- Re-sets tables at end of shift for the next meal period.
- Assists with banquet and buffet setup.
- Helps to maintain a fully stocked buffet.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.